• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hi New Member here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amsafetyc

Hi all my name is John, I been building my Pietnpol aircamper for what will soon be 3 years. I have the fuse structure built , wing panels and tail feathers. I still eneed to get my hardware finished and my engine.

The Piet is an open cockpit high wing mono plane that is all plans built from a 1929 design. So no kits are available. I am loving the build process and the outcome I expect the first flight in 2 years or less.

The piet is designed to fly with a powerplant that runs from a 45 hp Model A engine to 110 hp Corvair and pretty much anything in the middle. I am using the Lycoming 0235 C1B powerplant which I am in the middle of rebuilding at the present time.

I travel quite a bit with my work and am always lookg for an aiirport or project in the area to visit other builders, look at projects, talk about building or just plane flying.

I have apassion ofr aviation and love to share that with everyone I meet.

I am looking forward to meeting and learning about you and your projects.

John

Back