Hi I whant to buy aircraft like this or aircraft no more than 70 kg

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Scooper

Hi the aircraft is 92 lb??
Gil, the empty weight of the Dream Classic is 223 pounds for the speed wing version and 241 pounds for the standard wing. This information and all of the specifications are at the link Aerowerx provided in his post.

Standard wing Heavy hauler
With rotax 447
Stall speed 26 mph
Cruise speed 57 mph
Top speed 63 mph
Empty wt 241 lbs
Span 30'6"
Cord 48"
Area 122 sq. ft
Useful load 250 lbs
Gross wt 491 lbs.
Wing loading
4.02 lbs per sq. ft
Rate of climb 850 ft per min
Power to wt ratio 12.28 lbs per hp
Take off dist 95 ft
Engine requirements
Weight 68 lbs Min
92 lbs Max
Horse power
Min 28 hp
Max 52 hp​
Speed wing
With rotax 447
Stall speed 31 mph
Cruise speed 68 mph
Top speed 76 mph
Empty wt 223 lbs
Span 21' 6"
Cord 48"
Area 86 sq. ft
Useful load 170 lbs
Gross wt 393 lbs
Wing loading
4.57 lbs per sq. ft
Rate of climb 670 ft per min
Power to wt ratio 9.83 lbs per hp
Take off dist 125 ft
Engine requirements
Weight 52 lbs Min
78 lbs Max
Horse power
Min 28 hp
Max 40 hp​

Gil alvez

Gil, the empty weight of the Dream Classic is 223 pounds for the speed wing version and 241 pounds for the standard wing. This information and all of the specifications are at the link Aerowerx provided in his post.

Standard wing Heavy hauler
With rotax 447
Stall speed 26 mph
Cruise speed 57 mph
Top speed 63 mph
Empty wt 241 lbs
Span 30'6"
Cord 48"
Area 122 sq. ft
Useful load 250 lbs
Gross wt 491 lbs.
Wing loading
4.02 lbs per sq. ft
Rate of climb 850 ft per min
Power to wt ratio 12.28 lbs per hp
Take off dist 95 ft
Engine requirements
Weight 68 lbs Min
92 lbs Max
Horse power
Min 28 hp
Max 52 hp​
Speed wing
With rotax 447
Stall speed 31 mph
Cruise speed 68 mph
Top speed 76 mph
Empty wt 223 lbs
Span 21' 6"
Cord 48"
Area 86 sq. ft
Useful load 170 lbs
Gross wt 393 lbs
Wing loading
4.57 lbs per sq. ft
Rate of climb 670 ft per min
Power to wt ratio 9.83 lbs per hp
Take off dist 125 ft
Engine requirements
Weight 52 lbs Min
78 lbs Max
Horse power
Min 28 hp
Max 40 hp​
You know maybe how much kg is the aircraft I send in the fhoto? What you send is a lot for me

Victor Bravo

You will very likely be limited to the paramotor type ultralights. Those are the only type of powered aircraft that will be usable, safe, or viable at that low weight. There are several valuable advantages to those type aircraft, with only one significant disadvantage (you will not be able to fly when conditions are turbulent).

blane.c

I am curious what is the actual weight limitation in Israel? Is it for powered or unpowered ultralight? In the USA unpowered ultralight weight is restricted to 155lbs or about 70.45kilos and powered ultralight is restricted to 254lbs about 115.45kilos so most powered ultralights tend to be close to the 254lb limit.

TFF

Auto towed hang glider.
The problem with a motor is it’s going to eat half your allotted weight to work. Pretty much have to have air as main structure. Powered parachute is the only thing that that fits. It is quite restrictive and on purpose. Especially if you are going to get weight checked. In the US, you are not.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moderator note: Three threads on the same subject combined and moved to the "light stuff" area.

Gil, if you want to get better advice you need to better articulate what you're looking for. I'm guessing you're a young person with limited resources and limited knowledge of ultralight aircraft, so, some basics:

The definition of "ultralight" (or "microlight") aircraft varies from country to country. In the U.S., an ultralight is under 254 lbs (115kg), and those require no pilot certificate. Other countries have different weight limits, with different pilot certification rules. However, just because pilot certification isn't legally required doesn't mean that you don't need instruction, unless you have suicidal tendencies.

Now, you're talking about 70kg (154 lbs). Except for paramotors (PPG) and powered hang gliders, you won't find a modern ultralight that light. There were some fixed wing ultralights that light in the early days, but they were fragile and had marginal performance: in other words, unsafe. That's not what you want.

Price: Other than PPGs, I don't think anybody's selling new ultralights for under $10,000. You might be able to build one for half that if you have excellent scrounging skills. Used ultralights, at least in the US, can be considerably cheaper, but finding an airworthy ultralight in the $2000-2500 range is going to be very difficult... not impossible, but difficult. I don't know what the market is in Israel.

Please let us know if these assumptions are correct. Without knowing your background, it's hard to answer your questions.

SMORGAN

That's the Snedden M7, discussed at length here a few years ago. Not even close to 70kg, with some very strange design features and a designer who insisted everybody else since the Wright Brothers have been designing airplanes wrong all these years.
Since they look like gum trees in the background I think it is a Wheeler/Skycraft Scout.

Michael Silvius

Gil:
Please provide us a link to Israel Microlight Regulations stating weight limitations and this specific "less than 70 kg" unregulated class. I can not find anything myself. As I understand all aviation in Israel is highly regulated due to national security concerns.
The only "powered aircraft" type in that weight range would have to be a powered parachute.
The Sandlin Bug, an unpowered glider is about as light a fixed wing that is possible today and it is 54 kg empty.
Add an engine, propeller and fuel tank and you'd be hard pressed to keep it under 70kg

Reactions: BJC

Aerowerx

You know maybe how much kg is the aircraft I send in the fhoto? What you send is a lot for me
Gil, except for powered parachutes, there is a safe minimum weight for an aircraft. Below that weight and it is not possible to build a safe structure that can carry a person.

I do not know what that safe minimum weight is, but from what everyone appears to be saying is that your 70kg would not be safe.

Michael Silvius

Says here the Volmer Vj24 is 75 kg empty. (hard to believe)
Doubt you will get much lighter than that in a powered fixed wing. It is a 100% home-built, no kit is, or ever was available. And as I understand no one currently has the drawings or provides builder support for it.
1597759912361.png

nestofdragons

I do not know what that safe minimum weight is, but from what everyone appears to be saying is that your 70kg would not be safe.
I do not agree with this. The Butterfly is only to fly at low low wind conditions. Mornings or evenings. But ... if you keep that in mind, it is a very proven and safe airplane. Currently it was rebuild as homebuild by a son or grandson of the original designer. So ... yes ... they still fly. I saw one at a meeting two years ago. It had flown that meeting. Sadly ... not when i was there. Too windy.

bmcj

Does anyone remember the weight of the original Lazair?

Not an ultralight in performance, but at 78kg (per Wikipedia), the Colomban Cri Cri comes close to meeting the OP’s weight limit.

WonderousMountain

Log Member
Volmer designs are brilliant. No stone left unground.

You're not going to find a better 3 axis all up weight.
At least not without advanced materials. If you can
Get plans, Go with that.