Quantcast

Hi I whant to buy aircraft like this or aircraft no more than 70 kg

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Gil alvez

Hi Gil, the picture you showed is a very early ultralight airplane. I don't recognise the specific design, but I'm certain it's no longer in production. You could build something similar, it would probably cost between $5-10,000, but there are much better designs available nowadays.
Where to go for build something like this?

Gil alvez

That's the Snedden M7, discussed at length here a few years ago. Not even close to 70kg, with some very strange design features and a designer who insisted everybody else since the Wright Brothers have been designing airplanes wrong all these years.
The Snedden m7 is 20 lb?

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Gil, that particular early ultralight is probably no longer built, but others still are. Where are you and how much do you plan to spend? As an example, the Airdrome Airplanes Dream Classic is available an airframe kit for under $4,000 and you should be able to finish one with a used engine, wood prop, and minimal instruments for $6,000-7,000 or so.

BBC03193-A5EF-47C0-9BDC-87D74FB8B114.jpeg

Last edited:

sigrana

I haver a brand new trike, which is powered by a 29 hp Marcmotor and with its Airborne Shark wing weighs 67 kg. I will sell it for the cost of the components. QUOTE="Gil alvez, post: 547245, member: 103967"]
I looking for ultralight no more than 60 kg
[/QUOTE]

Gil alvez

Gil, that particular early ultralight is probably no longer built, but others still are. Where are you and how much do you plan to spend? As an example, the Airdrome Airplanes Dream Classic is available an airframe kit for under $4,000 and you should be able to finish one with a used engine, wood prop, and minimal instruments for $6,000-7,000 or so.

View attachment 100471
Hi what is the name of this aircraft? You know someone selling that? And how much kg is this?

Michael Silvius

70 KG???
Don't know if there's 30 kg to shave off this one...

General characteristics
  • Crew: one
  • Length: 17 ft (5.2 m)
  • Wingspan: 28 ft (8.5 m)
  • Height: 5 ft (1.5 m)
  • Wing area: 120 sq ft (11 m2)
  • Empty weight: 220 lb (100 kg)
  • Gross weight: 700 lb (318 kg)
Photos as seen at Bowman Field (B10) Livermore Falls, Maine a couple years ago.
Mitchel P-38 (1).JPGMitchel P-38 (3).JPGMitchel P-38 (10).JPG

Victor Bravo

Gil Alvez - there are two or three questions that are important:

1) WHY do you require an aircraft limited to a certain weight?
2) What type of flying (flight mission, or purpose) do you have for this aircraft?
3) What is your level of flight experience?

With these answers, our grouup will be able to provide useful suggestions, answers, resources, etc.

TFF

Sounds like a very obscure country regulation not known to many. What country is this for?

Gil alvez

Gil Alvez - there are two or three questions that are important:

1) WHY do you require an aircraft limited to a certain weight?
2) What type of flying (flight mission, or purpose) do you have for this aircraft?
3) What is your level of flight experience?

With these answers, our grouup will be able to provide useful suggestions, answers, resources, etc.
in my country if wheight is a lot I need a license