Hi I have recently completed my scratch built Zenith 750 Cruzer with custom 160hp Subaru

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

michael Hille

Percy I plan to get over there one day and also make it to Oshkosh . I’m looking forward to it .

narfi

How was scratch building?
Did you make all your aluminum parts, or did you purchase some? What parts did you purchase and what did you make for the rest?
How long did it take you?

I am strongly considering scratch building the 750 stol or sd and would love any thoughts you have on it.

michael Hille

Narfi I made everything from scratch including engine mount engine conversion wing ribs tail ribs controls the only parts I bought were the wing struts, windshield and door plastic and wing tip plastic.
This project took me just under 2 years from start to flying. I have a photo log on YouTube from start to finish from the build. It took 1400 hrs total
Click link below for video

michael Hille

Hey Micheal, I'm coming up to Airlie Beach for a week on %ht Sept. Any chance of a meet and greet/flight? I'll be attending the airshow on the 7th.
Hi Doug I’m sure that can be arranged I’m not going to the airshow but was thinking of flying in on the Sunday morning early.

narfi

Narfi I made everything from scratch including engine mount engine conversion wing ribs tail ribs controls the only parts I bought were the wing struts, windshield and door plastic and wing tip plastic.
This project took me just under 2 years from start to flying. I have a photo log on YouTube from start to finish from the build. It took 1400 hrs total
Click link below for video
Very nice, 2hrs a day for 2 years. You have something you can be very proud of :)
It is good motivation for me and others interested to see things like this, thank you.

michael Hille

Very nice, 2hrs a day for 2 years. You have something you can be very proud of :)
It is good motivation for me and others interested to see things like this, thank you.
Yes that’s right anyone can do it it’s just spending time in the garage. I always say every hour spent is another hour closer to flying