• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hi Guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Miller

I have recently completed an RV-8. I picked up the tail kit at Van's in August 1996, stuffed it into the rear of my AA5A Grumman Cheetah, and flew it back to home base O27, Oakdale, CA. Six years, two months later, N262RM "Bad Cat" flew. Landing after that first flight yielded a tremendous bundle of emotions (Sense of Accomplishment, Severe Relief, etc.). As of 2/13/03, the A/C has 47 hours on the airframe and I'm currently installing a set Grove streamlined landing gear. The airframe will be delivered to the paint shop in April and should be ready for the summer fly-in season all around the country.

Some specs:

Engine: O-360
Prop: Hartzell
Radios: Apollo GX65, MX20, and SL70
Speed: @11K and 65% 186 mph (No wheel pants or leg fairings yet)
Empty weight: 1075 lbs.

Special thanks to Dennis Bailey, Kevin Haslebacher, and Bucking Bar Bob for helping make my dream a reality. Visit EAA90.org for more info.

If you have any questions, please ask!

Rob Miller

Back