• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hi from Australia - new member who loves Deltas and folding wings...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Head in the clouds

Hi All,

Having a look here at some of the posts and I am so impressed and humbled by the wealth of wisdom which is so evident.

I've loved all things aviation since childhood and pursued as many of them as possible starting from a few parachute jumps to hanggliding then designed and built a couple of ultralights, taught myself to fly then went gliding to learn to fly properly... Built more ultralights in the 1980s then went commercial in rotary wing.

Now I'm back to flying for fun and in August started an own-design 2 seat folding wing (trailerable), twin boom, pusher, retractable taildragger. That's nearly completed and building it has given me newly learned technologies which have allowed me to progress further on another long term project of a slow/fast delta that's been teasing my design appetite for many a year.

Hoping to find other delta-interested persons here with ideas and perhaps answers to some of the mysteries that still haunt me.

Looking forward to the fellowship.

Kind regards,

Alan

Back