Hi Folks & Happy Holidays

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fpira, Dec 23, 2015.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

Tags:
  1. Dec 23, 2015 #1

Fpira

Fpira

Fpira

Hi Folks,
    just joined the community. I look forward to learning from you and sharing my experience.

i started flying in the late 70's in Fixed wing but ended up in Choppers for almost 25 years even though I got a CPL fixed wing first. I did spend several years flying Beech Super King Air but I got out of commercial aviation 10 years ago and I now want to build my home 2 seater. While I don't miss the Stress of working in the industry I do miss the flying and I'm looking forward to building my own aircraft.

i've been looking around at what's available and to be honest I'm a bit clueless as to what type of aircraft to go for as a first time builder. Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Some questions in my mind are, should I start from scratch or should I buy certain parts already pre-assembled.

Thanks for for your comments.

have a great holiday

Franky

2. Dec 23, 2015 #2

Dana

Dana

Dana

Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Franky,

What type of aircraft you should build depends on what kind of flying you want to do. You might choose an aerobatic biplane, a glider, an ultralight, a seaplane, a "go fast traveling machine", a bush plane, a warbird replica, many choices. As for scratch built or partially assembled, how fast do you want to build it? And what are your skills and tools like? And do you like working with wood, or metal, or composites... so many choices.

Dana

3. Dec 23, 2015 #3

Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher

Welcome and Merry Christmas .

4. Dec 23, 2015 #4

bmcj

bmcj

bmcj

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

Welcome to HBA Franky, and Merry Christmas.