Hi call me Cooper, just got a J3 kitten by Hipps superbirds

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

pwood66889

Belated congratulations on your purchase of a Reliant. I visited Hendersonville in the mid-1980's hey day of ASAP Kitten production. Still a favorite view.

JGlassFNP

I just got a fresh built brand new J3 kitten by Hipps superbirds with 447 rotax, tell me i got a great airplane suppose to be a great trainer for newbies, did i make a good decision, not much info out there on J3 kitten these days? love to find other J3 kitten owners, its basically a 3/4 scale J3 CUB. FLY SAFE AND SANE EVERYONE.
I just purchased a Hipps Reliant SX, Rotax 503. Congrats on your new plane. Do you know where to obtain a POH for the Hipps Superbirds models? I understand they are no longer in business so going to manufacture is not an option.

soupercooper

HBA Supporter
I just purchased a Hipps Reliant SX, Rotax 503. Congrats on your new plane. Do you know where to obtain a POH for the Hipps Superbirds models? I understand they are no longer in business so going to manufacture is not an option.
sorry for late reply, what is POH?

TFF

Pilot operating manual.
Is the need for a POH for European flying or just FYI?
US experimentals do not require one. Only owners, who are into things like that, make personal ones.

JGlassFNP

Pilot operating manual.
Is the need for a POH for European flying or just FYI?
US experimentals do not require one. Only owners, who are into things like that, make personal ones.
I was interested in the specs which I know roughly and figured Vspeeds by flying it, I was wanting to know before getting in the air but no POH was available.