• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hi All

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canyonman

Hi All. Ken here. I have always wanted to Fly far back as I can remember. So I joined the "Air Explorer Scouts." That wasn't enough so I joined the USAF. I have over 3500 hrs in aircraft but it was all in the "back." After I Retired It still wasn't enough so I earned my A&P. It got me with planes but still no flying. I logged some hrs in a friends plane flying right seat.
Can't get a real pilots license, hopelessly colorblind (Had to memorize stoplights. And my wife laughs when I stop in the middle of the block for a Xmas decoration! Never live that one down :)) Building a plane is not the problem, I weight 300 pounds and at my age that isn't going to change much. So yea I'm a problem child, looking for a heavy 103, but not visually so. And of course on a Retired budget. Sigh. So that's my story. Looking forward to interesting fun.
Ken

Back