Hi all im ken im finishing a preceptor ultra pup

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Ultrapupflyin

I'm finishing,or trying to finnish a preceptor ultra pup,the orginal owner passed away with this build at 90 percent finnished,if any one has any knowledge of this model plane ,I'd love to chat with you

Last edited:

akwrencher

HBA Supporter
Don't worry, it's just humour lost in translation, between the internet, and also the many countries we span. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone with some knowledge about your plane will chime in soon.

N804RV

HBA Supporter
I'm finishing,or trying to finnish a preceptor ultra pup,the orginal owner passed away with this build at 90 percent finnished,if any one has any knowledge of this model plane ,I'd love to chat with you
Welcome aboard! I'd love to hear more (and see pictures) about your project!

The Ultra Pup was on the short list of planes I considered for my first build. Too bad the marketing and customer service for Preceptor was so poor.

It seems to me that there is a lot of expertise here on this forum. I'll bet that if you had some specific questions or problem areas that you need help with, someone here would know enough about it to help out.

scramjetter

The Ultra Pup is a neat looking airplane. Its sister ship, the N3 Pup, is on my shortlist for an ultralight, along with the Ultracruiser and Legal Eagle. I hope you get your plane running and post lots of pictures! How much is left to do?

Ultrapupflyin

Needs rt side door installed,needs right wing gap on aileron coverd,I'm not sure why the inboard folding flaps dont have controls they are just hinged and one needs installed

Attachments

Ultrapupflyin

I am not a plane guy,I'm a class 8 diesel mechanic for 26 years,and have built tons of toys,jeeps,harleys,cars,offroad race cars,I had no intention of ever owning a plane,but I moved from reno nevada to wassila alaska and need a way to get to my fly in only cabin,so I'm taking flying lessons starting on the 27th and saw this for sale up here online and it has a cool story and It just kinda grew on me.im having fun figuring it all out but theres definitely things I know nothing about,I just learned the not so fun way of finding out what the fuel header is and how it works,and learned that this plane does not come with all the mods that the owner who passed, has installed ,he worked for the FAA and was a licensed ap, I'd like to finnish his retirement progect,put his name on the side of it ,after all it's his work,and learn to fly it

Ultrapupflyin

Im trying to figure out how to hook up the arleon cross over cables,,and the ones to the control stick. And how to safety wire the turn buckle that adjust the tension on the cables inline from where they come together some how, I have all the plans on the plane,and even the original construction disk,but it's not in there,or maybe it's so easy most plane guys see it as comon knowledge,but for me it's not making sense