• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hi All From Akron Ohio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GcmsGuru

Well, in the way of introduction let me say that I started flying lessons in 1968, and am presently rated PPSEL with Instrument. Rebuilt my first plane ('46 T'Craft BC-12D) from a basket case in '72 and '73 (sold it in '75 or '76) and bought a '74 PA28 Warrior in '97. Kept the Warrior when I bought a '69 PA32 Cherokee 6 - 260 in 2004 which I flew quite a bit between Akron & Naples FL and some other locations as well. Sold the Warrior & 6 in 2009.

My ex and I bought a winter house on the beach in Venezuela about 130 miles east of Caracas in '09. I'll simply say at this time that Venezuela is not at all like we in the USA are led to believe and I enjoyed being there. Compared to what things cost here in the US, most (but not all by any means) things are dirt cheap there if you have dollars to convert to Bolivars and know how to get the conversion done. For example: as I write this gasoline in Venezuela costs far less than one cent per gallon if you know how to exchange your dollars properly. If you don't, it's only around two cents a gallon.

My financial situation changed drastically several years ago (very long story ...) and now I'm planning to build the least expensive 2 place I can find. Since I have a pilot ticket it'll end up being a "fat" ultralight probable in the ELSA category. By least expensive, believe me that it'll have to be just that 'cause there's little $ to invest in it.

That's it for now, but if anyone wants to know more about life in Venezuela just email me and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

Back