• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hey guys new here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunners

Hey Guys I am new to all this, my end goal is to build a flying yacht and fly it around the world. (Something that will be a bit of a PBY catalina, but longer and maybe wider with similar side pods as seen on a DO24 AA, and a panoramic cockpit like on a super fortress. Twin engine for sure depending on reviews after it comes out I would like to use a pair of condor V12's instead of radials for aerodynamic and I assume there will be a weight savings there as well. Figuring enough fuel storage for ideally 3000 miles, and black/grey and potable water storage as well.) Would love to build most of the plane out of carbon composite ideally foam core for the fuselage and honey come for the wings. (Possibly Kevlar plus carbon on the belly just for safety sake just incase there lies something just under the water.) Of course I will be building a bunch smaller craft first. Possibly even a few of them.

Thanks for reading me very long winded post,

Gunners

Back