• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Here I am

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone here and thanks for accepting me within this fraternity.
My name is Mauro Andreini, born in Florence Italy and moved to the UK at the age of 19, I have been a Mechanical Engineer all my life and, amongst other things, I have been designing and constructing variations of the Porsche 911 for competitions in the Porsche Club GB championship.
Never had any major experience in aircraft building though (only small repairs and maintenance), and I'd very much like to enter this new area as soon as I can manage it.
I do fly from time to time using my friend’s Fournier as I never had time to take a PPL even though I had a few lessons.
I have built a reasonably good 737 simulator which I often use for practising various procedures and ATC communication skills but, before I invest in a more advanced version by purchasing a real B. cockpit for adaptation, I think my pocket money would be better invested in building a real, even if very modest, aircraft.

I look forward to taking more active part in the forum conversations and I shall read more as from tonight.

Wishing everyone a pleasant evening and flying time (for those who already have the luxury of an aeroplane) I look forward to my time here.

Kind Regards
Mauro Andreini

Back