• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Help with "theory of wing sections" book

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handprop

I'm sure some of you seen this coming a mile away, but I'm having some trouble understanding some of the charts in the book.
I have learned about and understand the basic definitions of things like, coefficients,reynolds numbers, etc. but I can't seem to understand why in this book each chart has a bunch of lines with squares, diamonds, and circles. What line do I follow. In the bottom of the chart there is a legend but I can't figure out what it means. It looks like it relates to reynolds numbers. Can anyone help me here? I have attached two photos of a NACA 2415 airfoil from the book for reference. Mike:ermm:

Back