• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Help with OpenVSP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paolo18

Hello everybody! I've been working on OpenVSP for a month, but I have found a problem, which prevents me from correctly estimate my 3D model's aerodynamic parameters (C_l, C_d, L/D, C_d0, etc.). I'm using VSPAero for that purpose. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the whole model, but it forces me to reduce the number of objects taken into consideration in the aerodynamic computation. More in detail, I realized that the programme isn't able to set up the input file when I build the degenerated geometry starting from the main body of the airplane and the two motors, taking them without their links to the fuselage. Why does this happen and how could I avoid this obstacle? I tried to compute the aerodynamic parameters for the airplane body and the two jet motors separately, but I don't know how to estimate the aerodynamic parameters of the whole model, starting from the ones computed for two individual parts (I don't think that it's correct just to add up the correspondent coefficients). Thank you for your attention.

Back