• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Help with Chicago Pneumatic "Corner Hammer" mini rivet gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
My EAA chapter received a gift of several old boxes of aircraft related stuff. One of the tools included was a Chicago Pneumatic model CP 459 "Corner Hammer", which appears to be a mini tight quarters rivet gun. A standard .401 shank rivet set fits. There is no traditional retainer spring, and it has a button at the base of the grip instead of the typical trigger.

I hooked up an air hose and sure enough it works, but I could NOT for the life of me figure out how to adjust the speed or intensity of the blows. There was no regulator knob at the air inlet, nothing that looked like a speed or impact control.

Does anyone here have any experience with this gun? Can you tell me if, how, and where the adjustment is? Is this a 1X, 2X, or 3X equivalent? Are you supposed to use it without a retainer spring?

Here are photos I found online:

CP-459_l.jpg

Chicago_Pneumatic_CP_459_Corner_Air_Riveting_Hammer_Rivet_Gun_Aviation_Tool_02_fo.jpg

Chicago_Pneumatic_CP_459_Corner_Air_Riveting_Hammer_Rivet_Gun_Aviation_Tool_01_nad.jpg

Back