• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingnut73

Hello I am the new guy! I grew up around general aviation. Remember my uncle building a long EZ in garage when I was young child. In my teens and twenties I was mostly an airport bum. I washed airplanes hand prop airplanes, did anything I could for airplane rides. I got invited to help work on a few airplanes in ultralight builds and eventually worked for a ultralight (Challenger) dealer for a while. It didn't pay much and I soon discovered women ,drinking and hell raisin. That was twenty years, a wife and two kids ago. Now with one of the kids off from college the draw to airplanes has been quite strong I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I would love to get a used ultralight for an awesome price. Or, I might build something. I would like to build an ultralight with full Volkswagen power. I don't think it is really that much heavier than 1/2 Volkswagen! Half Volkswagen just don't seem to have the power to give ultralights a decent climb rate. Well, hello I'm welcome to ideas and suggestions.

J

Back