• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Bravo

Hello everyone,

My name is Pascal. I have been designing, building and flying kites, gliders, and RC models since childhood. I obtained my private pilot license in 2005 and have accumulated over 250 hours as Pilot in Command. I currently own a DA20-C1.

I have the itch to build my forever plane. However, I am not too interested in simply assembling a kit from parts. The design phase also intrerests me. I have been reading a lot about home building, fabrication processes, and in particular how to build using composite materials.

My ideal airplane would be good for the frequent 600 nm trip without having to refuel, plus mild aerobatics. I mostly fly alone or with one passenger. So a twin seater it will be. I want an airplane that can take high Gs and that can cruise at 150 knots using an IO-360 engine. I can't stand the ugliness of the rectangular wings on Van's airplanes, so a more efficient composite wing on an otherwise stock RV-7A or RV-8 might be something that I would like to build.

I also downloaded the plans to the F.8L Falco airplane. The Furio might have been interesting, except that the price of the kit is way too high, so I believe thatès why only a few of them have been built:

http://www.falcomposite.com/furio-rg.php

I am looking forward to learnign a lot from these forums.

Happy new year 2019!

Pascal

Back