• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from The Gambia, West Africa.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone,

It is a pleasure to be here. I am Abdourahman Chaw from The Gambia, which's the smallest country in West Africa.

I want to build my first aircraft despite being a total novice in aircraft building and operation. This has never been attempted in my country or neighboring countries, and I have seen so many failed attempts in Africa on youtube. I started making research and found this awesome group. I didn't know which plane to start with so I reached out to some members of this group. It was suggested to build the MiniMax at first, but later Mr. Victor suggested building the Zenith CH-701 or CH-750 of which I decided to build the CH-750. The Zenith aircraft had been build successfully in other parts of Africa and they work fine with our environment I learned.

I plan to build it from scratch instead of using the kit to gain experience and save cost. Saving cost is very pivotal in completing the project hence the main reason for scratch-building.

I have never worked with metal sheets before so I spoke with a friend who works with metal sheets and I should join his workshop in few days to learn how to work with metal sheets as I am saving up to buy some of the tools and materials I will be needing to get started.

Meanwhile, I wanted to ask if anyone here had built the CH-750 from scratch? Any recommendations or things I should look out for? Is it possible to build from scratch using plans for someone with zero experience?

Thank you all.

Back