• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from NC, Storch project in the works.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BELinNC

I have been reading a lot of great info on this forum for a while. Thought I would intro myself. I am a long time fan of homebuilt/experimental aircraft and flying in general. WW2 history is another hobby. I have restored several vintage military vehicles. Years ago I started a Marcel Jurca 75% FW 190. I built the wing spar, ribs and tail feathers, but eventually I realized I had bit off more than I could chew and that it would likely be more than I could handle performance wise even if I managed to finish it. I went on to do a restoration of an Ercoupe and went on to fly it for 500 or so happy hours. It was eventually damaged in a forced landing by my partner when the C85 failed. I have not flown for many years, but the bug has bitten again and I have always been fascinated by the fieseler Storch and it's STOL capabilities. I worked out a deal on a slightly used (30 hours) Storch with the builder/designer-Nestor Slepcev. After many months of dealing, stressing and waiting the Storch (stripped and disassembled airframe and no engine or instruments) finally arrived from Serbia. I will have tons of questions. Attached is a pic from it's final days in Serbia while being prepped for shipment.

Attachments

• IMG_20201112_165008.jpg
    IMG_20201112_165008.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 27
Back