• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

I would like to say hello to everyone. I am in Cetrall IL. I fly out of 3IS5 Field known as Holmes airfield. We have the Flight for Life Helli's hangared at this field also. A great bunch of men and women.
I have been flying for 3 seasons and have over 120 HRS flying as of today. In that time I have had 3 engine outs and a complete loss of my reduction unit and Prop all at 1000 feet. 50 of those HRS have been in a Tailwheel plane. I taught myself how to fly a tailwheel bird. I started with a Legal Eagle and went from there. The hardest Tail wheel bird to fly, for me, is the JDT Hi-Max. It was not real bad but you had to be on your Toe' or doing a dance on the rudder as we taildragger pilots say. The best ground handling Taildragger I have flown is the Fisher Avenger. I have owned 2 as of today and they have such great manors on the ground.
Today I fly a Fisher Avenger N8053H, built by Charles Lovett. She has a 1/2 Vdub engine and it runs great. I have logged as of today about 38 HRS on her. My Hummel V-Dub runs like a champ. I like the 4 stroke way better then any 2 stroke.

I recieved my Student LSA Certificate at Osh-Kosh this year.

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Back