• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from BMAA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy Gratton

Having had this website brought to my attention, I've joined and will at-least be lurking in the background even if I may not post much.

I'm Chief Engineer at the British Microlight Aircraft Association, which means that I supervise the approval and build of most British Microlight Aeroplanes (which pretty much covers the US Ultralight and Sport Pilot categories). To give my background I'm a Chartered Aeronautical Engineer, a Test Pilot (on microlights only) a Private Pilot (on light aircraft) and have been working in light aviation professionally for about 10 years. I've flown most of the common UK microlight types, and have test flown a fair selection of homebuilts.

Anyhow, my office looks after much of the UK's 3,600 strong microlight fleet, and at-last count is responsible for 138 types, the majority of which are indigenous British. A few others (600 a/c, 18 types) are dealt with by the Popular Flying Association with whom we're obviously in close contact.

Anyhow, I'm here, I hope that by joining this group I can from time to time either be of use to other people, or find answers to some of those difficult questions that often confront me concerning the behaviour or design of various non-UK designs that I regularly get confronted with.

Regards and safe flying to all,

Back