Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gareth, Mar 29, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Mar 29, 2019 #1

Gareth

Gareth

Gareth

Thanks for the ad, let me introduce myself , 70 years young just started my second build a scratch
    built all alum low wing touring aircraft similair to a rv and kr2 and longer/ wider and gull wing doors
    wing tanks 140 litres extra cab storage for camping gear, 2 steam gauges ,alt and asi and will be using Ilevel sensors to 12 inch pads for ems and flight data and gps, i will be fabricating all the moving parts and have made the F/glass mains, sourced wheels and brakes of a cozy the nose wheel will be steerable,seats will be adjustable , engine wise probably an Aeromomentum 150hp at this stage , wing length with fuse is 8.125 metres and length is 6.4 metres will post pics as i progress
    Cheers Gareth

2. Mar 29, 2019 #2

Heliano

Heliano

Heliano

Interesting, Gareth. Look forward to see the pics. How do you intend to use your plane? cross country? As for the engine, as far as I know the current Aeromomentum engine available is the M15, rated at 117HP. They are working on more powerful engines to compete with Viking, but to the best of my knowledge these higher power engines are not being delivered yet.

3. Mar 29, 2019 #3

Gareth

Gareth

Gareth

Hi Heliano , yes for cross country Australia is a BIG country lots of airstrips and places to visit as for the aeromomentum have been talking to Aus rep and they tweek the AM15 to 150 hp but the 2 litre 260 turbo is another option , just that the turbo is something else to go wrong, they also have in the development stage 190hp 2 litre so when i am ready i may have other choices
    Cheers Gareth

4. Mar 30, 2019 #4

Heliano

Heliano

Heliano

Sounds like a good strategy.
    I bought a reduction gearbox from Aeromomentum during my last trip to the US, and I intend to use it on a Honda Fit engine. Suzuki engines are not common here in my country, but Honda Fit engines are. It is a sturdy, well built PSRU. I will add two safety features, though: an oil temperature sensor and a chip detector.
    Cheers