• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello everyone, I'm new here !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlovall78

Hello,!

I am Tim from Illinois.

I have always had a love of flying, but never could commit to the time and cost of a pilot license. As I have become more familiar with FAR 103, I latched onto this as a way to satiate my need to fly. I was fascinated with the Affordaplane design, but like many others, I see room for improvements in both weight and build method to achieve a lighter yet strong result. I am about to take the leap and start the build once I have gone over the plans and modifications a few hundred more times and verified every aspect. We are also looking at engine options and evaluating cost to power to weight ratios at this time. My father and I both have professional fabrication, mechanical, and CAD experience so that helps. I currently have multiple web-sites that I designed, so adding one to chronicle the build and flight is definitely in the plans as well.

I look forward to joining the nearest EEA Chapter soon, possibly the one in Terre Haute, Indiana or a central Illinois chapter?

I am a full-time I.T. Technical Analyst with a national retailer and a USMC Veteran (MALS-16, MAG-16, 3rd Marine Air Wing). I am married with four "children" between us, two are now adults and two are starting High School this fall. My father also lives on our property due to his overall health.

I am excited to start on this journey, and ultimately can't wait to take to the sky in my own 103 Ultralight !

-Tim

Back