Hello everyone,I am from China。

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
I would suggest that for the benefit of this new member, any and ALL references, no matter how obscure, to other than airplane building and testing be deleted. I lived and worked in Taiwan and China for over a decade. The latter is officially totally lacking in humor. Pun intentional.
Well intended. BUT.. seems you missed POST #14. Please read. While this comment is not about humor, it is problematic and not at all helpful for this new member. Special circumstances require special care by all of us here.
I'm not meaning to stir the pot and hopefully I'm just misinterpreting your posts.
Are you suggesting that everyone on the Forum change how we interact on here because the OP might find himself in trouble if he gets caught ?
From what I see....he came to us....we didn't go recruiting him.
So....he's a big boy and if he's breaking the laws in his country he should be willing to take the consequences that come with getting caught.
That's on him........

There's a lot of things that of things that I would like to do in life but I weigh the pros & cons of the consequences first.....

If my interpretation of the situation is askew then I offer my apologies for my post........but otherwise...

Kevin

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
It is useful for posters to consider that judicial standards aren't the same the world over. To suggest that a particular poster should break their local laws (e.g
operate a ham radio station to access the internet) etc puts that poster in a tough position and could be, in itself, enough to cause problems.
Nobody needs to shut up, just think through the ramifications of what we post. As with everything, try to put yourself in the other guy's place. Folks here at HBA pretty much understand that the originator of a thread doesn't "own it" and isn't responsible for responding to every comment in it. That's the "culture" here, but someone else, who doesn't know or care about HBA culture, may see things differently.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
It is useful for posters to consider that judicial standards aren't the same the world over. To suggest that a particular poster should break their local laws (e.g
operate a ham radio station to access the internet) etc puts that poster in a tough position and could be, in itself, enough to cause problems.
Nobody needs to shut up, just think through the ramifications of what we post. As with everything, try to put yourself in the other guy's place. Folks here at HBA pretty much understand that the originator of a thread doesn't "own it" and isn't responsible for responding to every comment in it. That's the "culture" here, but someone else, who doesn't know or care about HBA culture, may see things differently.
Once again.....I'm not getting the point here.
If the individual is putting himself at risk by accessing a website that he shouldn't be on......how is that anyone's issue other than his own ?

I'm not trying to be difficult but would someone please explain this whole issue to me....because I'm kinda lost on the point.

Kevin

BJC

HBA Supporter
IIRC, Cheapracer has posted from China about his project, plus a few diversions into discussions about the quality of craftsmanship available in China.

BJC

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
I would suggest that for the benefit of this new member, any and ALL references, no matter how obscure, to other than airplane building and testing be deleted.
OK, I have to admit I have no personal experience in the country or culture that the original poster is dealing with. So early on, I changed my reply to the his first post, and I apologize if anything I had done accidentally caused the OP any difficulty. People in all corners of the HBA world are welcome to make jokes and snide comments about Hollywood, and Beverly Hills 90210, and the 'cancel culture' or political correctness cluster-*#&% that happens in my home town.

As for all of us being advised to restrict or limit the content of our posts - because of one particular geopolitical system's preferences and how it might affect someone - (e.g. having to worry about speaking freely), I cannot and will not support that on principle alone. Then, over and above principle, I further cannot support it, specifically because of who, and why, and to what end that kind of restriction would benefit.

No bas**rd ever won a war by lying for his country. He won it... by making the other poor dumb bas**rd lie for his :)

Last edited:

BJC

HBA Supporter
People in all corners of the HBA world are welcome to make jokes and snide comments about Hollywood, and Beverly Hills 90210, and the 'cancel culture' or political correctness cluster-*#&% that happens in my home town.
We do here.

FWIW, I don’t take offense at redneck jokes. I like jokes about different cultures, but people today take offense to some really funny jokes.

BJC

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Cao Yun,
Thanks for starting the thread. It sounds like you are earnestly searching for information to move forward in your effort to build an airplane. I'd recommend you buy any plans from the authorized owner as you gather information.
There are people here willing to discuss just airplanes, but that's not everybody.

IMO, folks wanting to help the OP build an airplane should probably send him a PM. He could probably do without PMs about politics, world events, religion, security matters, the advantages of where you personally reside, etc.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

aeromomentum

Very nice shop/studio!

I think many people here have a major misconception about what China is like today. China is a very diverse and mostly developed country from major world class cities to small undeveloped villages and everything in between. Day to day personal freedoms may even exceed those in the USA. Just do not talk about the national government.

I have spent over 4 years in China working with LSA aircraft and boats and would be happy to visit or live there in the future.