Hello everyone,I am from China。

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

caoyun

I think so? Somewhat related, a documentary on probably the first chinese "homebuilt" aircraft, which is a minimax (because the plans were free. Some lessons here? ;) )
i dont really understand what you mean,sorry.

caoyun

Hi again CaoYun. I am pretty sure you are working on the MiniMax 1100R. I know that there were free 24"x36" PDF digital plans available from teammini-max.com in the past but they are no longer available for free. They ARE available from the same website for only $48 though at this link:

Printed Plans

If you want something REALLY useful, you can get a set of FULL SCALE DRAWINGS for the 1100R on the same link above for $250. You can literally trace parts then. Those plans are printed only though and weigh 6 lbs before packaging, so the shipping cost might understandably encourage you against this path....

The reason why your plans are not clear is because they are likely the original 24"(61cm)x36"(91.5cm) digital plans resized to A4... possibly made even less legible by poor quality PDF reader software. I suggest that you obtain the original files from the source above, and then take them to a local print shop where they can be printed full size onto appropriate paper. In your location, the standard size A1 paper at 591mm x 841mm might work if the pdf margins are large enough, but more than likely you will need to print to A0 paper and have it trimmed to get the plans full size. DO NOT let them resize the pdf to fit or you will have problems later that could have been avoided by printing full size.

I suggest you pay that $48 and LET EVERYONE HERE KNOW you have paid. Doing so will buy you a lot of goodwill with some of the people who frequent this website.... frankly a super low price to pay for access to the brains available here.
Thank you very much for your suggestions and methods. Later, I think I will buy a PDF drawing from the official website. I think it is better this way.

caoyun

Hi Caoyun
Very nice airplane studio.
Roll up door,huge windows,3 d printer,and full
carpentry,and plants.Most of the people here are used to dim shadows,greasy dusty unidifiable cast iron junk and military surplus
ejection seats of questionable functionality
instead of actual comfy chairs,so let the shock
wear off and there is a wealth of shall we say
"gruff" knowledge.
What are the models hanging on your drafting board?
Dog
Thank you. Hanging on the drawing board is a small F3P plane.

caoyun

For the Americans here talking about IP theft.... I get your pain, but I think it is important to understand that CaoYun is not personally responsible for this situation for the most part. Comments, while funny, are not helpful and his Non Native English language skill mean he might not understand them or even worse will misunderstand them.

When I say I get your pain, I really mean it. I once had a company with patented IP. A billion dollar company decided they wanted the rights to that IP and the rights to license that IP back to me. When I did not agree to their terms of essentially no money paid for the rights, that company buried my company in legal costs. This description is very brief, and thus inaccurate enough that if I posted the name of that billion dollar AMERICAN company I would give even odds at receiving another round of financial spanking.

The moral of my story is that we as a country are not perfect either, and that most individuals in either country are not really responsible for the situation. The best thing we can do as individuals is be courteous to each other, communicate and work together. The more we do so, the more we understand each other and our existing viewpoints, and the more we can improve our own views and influence the same happening in others.
I don't know where to buy the drawings, after all, China blocked a lot of foreign website, but I bought from a domestic a businessman for this minimax1100 drawings, spent nearly $100, but he only gave me A2 size of the print version of the drawings, printed in some places is very fuzzy, so i went to Internet to find the PDF drawings, But now that I know that Minimax website 1100pdf is $48, I will buy it myself, which means respecting intellectual property rights.

caoyun

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Cao - your English exceeds my Mandarin by a large distance!
Thank you for the pictures showing your home. I would caution you against using the wood pictured for aircraft construction. There are too many knots in it. It would be good for book shelves, because you will need to read many to embark on aircraft design or construction.
I see from the pictures that you have a better facility to build in than I do.
Wishing you all the best in your aviation endeavors.
Percy in NW FL, USA
Thank you very much for your suggestions and reminders. I have just entered this field and do not know much about many things. Especially in my city,the materials on the plane are not so easy to get. This wood does have too many knots.

caoyun

Mr. Pwood above is very correct that every piece of wood visible in your pictures is probably not usable for airplane construction. There are several experts here on wood selection, even some that will tailor that advice specifically to the requirements of the MiniMax 1100R. (not me, I have never constructed an airplane part out of wood in my life... but your wood is far enough from appropriate even I know it....)

When you are ready to replace that wood, you should ask for advice.
Thank you very much for your advice and guidance

caoyun

Intellectual property rights, as you said I don't know where to buy drawings,and I spent nearly $100 buy an A2 version of the drawings in my country ,as for the PDF drawing, I will have to spend $48 to official website to buy it , it is doesn’t matter.and then involves the language humor and puns, above problems, this my English is not very good, Basically chat all need to rely on Google translate, even if my English is fluent, to understand the emotions behind your context and language, that also needs the support of the cultural background, and then I interested in individual making balsa wood plane, is only just entered the threshold, also need your help and advice.
The photos below are some model airplanes I used to play with

Attachments

caoyun

I think so? Somewhat related, a documentary on probably the first chinese "homebuilt" aircraft, which is a minimax (because the plans were free. Some lessons here? ;) )
I just missed the video below on my phone ,its a good one .

caoyun

WX20210428-191240.png
Does this include full-size drawings of ailerons, anyone have bought this could tell me ?and did this include PDF digital version?

patrickrio

Very well, I have edited my original post and will edit my second post.
I have edited my responses as they are no longer relevant and are also not topical to airplanes in general and Cao Yun's future MiniMax in particular.....

patrickrio

View attachment 110007
Does this include full-size drawings of ailerons, anyone have bought this could tell me ?and did this include PDF digital version?
After thinking about it, I think your best choice is to just purchase the $48 digital plans so you pay no shipping. You can then have the choice of reviewing on you computer, printing a copy or multiple copies or single pages or even parts of pages. You should even be able to enlarge the digital plans images to full size if you want to create full size patterns. I think that the full size plans do not contain anything you can't create yourself by enlarging the digital plans. Just be careful that you get correct enlargement on every print!!! Measure with your rulers and tapes in both x and y axis' to confirm your prints match the desired scale or you can REALLY screw up. Measure EVERY time you print just to make sure you or someone else didn't make a mistake that will cost you HUGE.

Buy the digital only plans on this section of the plans page:
Minimax Digital Plans capture.JPG

Note that you can select plans for the 1030, 1100, 1500, 1550, 1600, 1650 or 1700 versions of the minimax in the drop box!! The links below give you data on each airplane from the Kit links... the kits would be far too expensive to ship to you in China I suspect, but the data for each plane is about the same.... so you now have choices to make!!!

1030 1100 1500 1550 1600 1650 1700

You can also build one of the above and then modify it later. The video below is a modified 1030 I believe. Kevin in the video really improved the looks of the airplane with his modifications, and maybe even the performance. Pops from this website knows the guy. Maybe someday we can get Kevin to tell us about it.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member

caoyun

After thinking about it, I think your best choice is to just purchase the $48 digital plans so you pay no shipping. You can then have the choice of reviewing on you computer, printing a copy or multiple copies or single pages or even parts of pages. You should even be able to enlarge the digital plans images to full size if you want to create full size patterns. I think that the full size plans do not contain anything you can't create yourself by enlarging the digital plans. Just be careful that you get correct enlargement on every print!!! Measure with your rulers and tapes in both x and y axis' to confirm your prints match the desired scale or you can REALLY screw up. Measure EVERY time you print just to make sure you or someone else didn't make a mistake that will cost you HUGE.

Buy the digital only plans on this section of the plans page:
View attachment 110020

Note that you can select plans for the 1030, 1100, 1500, 1550, 1600, 1650 or 1700 versions of the minimax in the drop box!! The links below give you data on each airplane from the Kit links... the kits would be far too expensive to ship to you in China I suspect, but the data for each plane is about the same.... so you now have choices to make!!!

1030 1100 1500 1550 1600 1650 1700

You can also build one of the above and then modify it later. The video below is a modified 1030 I believe. Kevin in the video really improved the looks of the airplane with his modifications, and maybe even the performance. Pops from this website knows the guy. Maybe someday we can get Kevin to tell us about it.
That means I can buy the digital version directly, print it into A0, and then stitch it into full size, so there is no need to buy the full size print. There is another problem, I did not find the digital version of 1100R, does the digital version of 1100 include the 1100R version?

caoyun

VPNs are an easy way to see sites that are blocked in some countries - but I don't want to suggest anything that would cause you legal troubles.
We have a well known member on this forum that is from Australia, but lives in China. He might be able to assist you in getting better internet service.

Like your work area! It is open and bright with a lot of room.
I secretly used Shadowsocks to browse foreign websites. My studio, which I designed and built myself, is not fully decorated yet.