Hello everyone,I am from China。

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

caoyun

Hello!

I am Cao Yun from China.

I am a Chinese pilot lovers. I like flying, but I don't have any flying experience. I have played with airplane models and made some airplane models, but I have always regarded my airplane as a dream, and I am eager to take me to the blue sky, but in China, this wish is difficult to realize. Whether it is acquiring technology or discussing with others, China lacks this information.

I am currently building my own studio, bought some tools and wood, and purchased a set of A2 paper files of 1100 drawings in China. The drawings are not very clear. By the way, if anyone can share a digital version of 1100 for me , Thank you very much. After the studio is set up, plans to produce 1100 aircraft are started.

By the way ,my english is not very good.

-Caoyun

微信图片_20210427151920.png微信图片_20210427151920.jpg微信图片_202104271519201.jpg微信图片_202104271519203.jpg微信图片_202104271519204.jpg微信图片_202104271519206.jpg微信图片_202104271519205.jpg

Last edited:

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
Welcome.

Your English is very acceptable.

It is very difficult to know what is real via the internet. Can you give many more details about yourself to help us understand who you are and what you hope to accomplish?

I assume the A2 paper files of 1100 drawings that you have are the 420mm x 594 mm paper size but what is the subject material? Can you photograph one or two of the more interesting and post them here?

What area in China are you familiar with? What is your age and education? How much do you know about aviation in China? Do you have a background in aeronautics, paper and model airplanes, history, etc.

What would you like to know and in what direction would you like to expand your education? If you could build anything you wanted, what would it be?

You will find a wide range of people here on HBA and a very diverse knowledge set.

Once again, welcome. You appear to have a very nice shop. Will you be working alone or do you have help? What is the experience and education of your friends and helpers?

patrickrio

Hi again CaoYun. I am pretty sure you are working on the MiniMax 1100R. I know that there were free 24"x36" PDF digital plans available from teammini-max.com in the past but they are no longer available for free. They ARE available from the same website for only $48 though at this link:

Printed Plans

If you want something REALLY useful, you can get a set of FULL SCALE DRAWINGS for the 1100R on the same link above for $250. You can literally trace parts then. Those plans are printed only though and weigh 6 lbs before packaging, so the shipping cost might understandably encourage you against this path....

The reason why your plans are not clear is because they are likely the original 24"(61cm)x36"(91.5cm) digital plans resized to A4... possibly made even less legible by poor quality PDF reader software. I suggest that you obtain the original files from the source above, and then take them to a local print shop where they can be printed full size onto appropriate paper. In your location, the standard size A1 paper at 591mm x 841mm might work if the pdf margins are large enough, but more than likely you will need to print to A0 paper and have it trimmed to get the plans full size. DO NOT let them resize the pdf to fit or you will have problems later that could have been avoided by printing full size.

I suggest you pay that $48 and LET EVERYONE HERE KNOW you have paid. Doing so will buy you a lot of goodwill with some of the people who frequent this website.... frankly a super low price to pay for access to the brains available here.

Last edited:

dog

Hello!

I am Cao Yun from China.

I am a Chinese pilot lovers. I like flying, but I don't have any flying experience. I have played with airplane models and made some airplane models, but I have always regarded my airplane as a dream, and I am eager to take me to the blue sky, but in China, this wish is difficult to realize. Whether it is acquiring technology or discussing with others, China lacks this information.

I am currently building my own studio, bought some tools and wood, and purchased a set of A2 paper files of 1100 drawings in China. The drawings are not very clear. By the way, if anyone can share a digital version of 1100 for me , Thank you very much. After the studio is set up, plans to produce 1100 aircraft are started.

By the way ,my english is not very good.

-Caoyun

View attachment 109944View attachment 109945View attachment 109946View attachment 109947View attachment 109948View attachment 109949View attachment 109950
Hi Caoyun
Very nice airplane studio.
Roll up door,huge windows,3 d printer,and full
carpentry,and plants.Most of the people here are used to dim shadows,greasy dusty unidifiable cast iron junk and military surplus
ejection seats of questionable functionality
instead of actual comfy chairs,so let the shock
wear off and there is a wealth of shall we say
"gruff" knowledge.
What are the models hanging on your drafting board?
Dog

patrickrio

Edited out as no longer relevant due to changes above. The thumbs ups below were for deleted content and are no longer relevant...

Be excellent to each other!!!

Last edited:

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
For the Americans here talking about IP theft.... I get your pain, but I think it is important to understand that CaoYun is not personally responsible for this situation for the most part. Comments, while funny, are not helpful and his Non Native English language skill mean he might not understand them or even worse will misunderstand them.
I admit I have no idea whether Cao Yun has a full set of MiniMax 1100 plans. Humor aside, my comments had nothing to do with the use of language.

With that said, you cannot blame me for finding a bit of humor in the fact that Cao Yun's post looked and sounded a little different than a native English speaker.

Last edited:

patrickrio

Edited out no longer relevant quote from above that is now edited.

Also edited out my response. The thumbs up below is for deleted content and is no longer relevant.

I really look forward to seeing the airplane you build Cao Yun!!!

Last edited:

PagoBay

I would suggest that for the benefit of this new member, any and ALL references, no matter how obscure, to other than airplane building and testing be deleted. I lived and worked in Taiwan and China for over a decade. The latter is officially totally lacking in humor. Pun intentional.

pwood66889

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Cao - your English exceeds my Mandarin by a large distance!
Thank you for the pictures showing your home. I would caution you against using the wood pictured for aircraft construction. There are too many knots in it. It would be good for book shelves, because you will need to read many to embark on aircraft design or construction.
I see from the pictures that you have a better facility to build in than I do.
Wishing you all the best in your aviation endeavors.
Percy in NW FL, USA

patrickrio

Mr. Pwood above is very correct that every piece of wood visible in your pictures is probably not usable for airplane construction. There are several experts here on wood selection, even some that will tailor that advice specifically to the requirements of the MiniMax 1100R. (not me, I have never constructed an airplane part out of wood in my life... but your wood is far enough from appropriate even I know it....)

When you are ready to replace that wood, you should ask for advice.

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Welcome, Cao Yun. That looks like a great workshop. I'm sorry I can't help you with the plans but there will be many on this forum anticipating your progress and cheering you on. By the way, I have visited China several times and have always enjoyed the company of my hosts and learning about your culture. I hope you are able to come and enjoy ours someday. Also your English exceeds most high school graduates in the U.S.; no apology is needed. Please don't be deterred if the topic on this thread wanders from your project; please keep posting your progress.

caoyun

Welcome.

Your English is very acceptable.

It is very difficult to know what is real via the internet. Can you give many more details about yourself to help us understand who you are and what you hope to accomplish?

I assume the A2 paper files of 1100 drawings that you have are the 420mm x 594 mm paper size but what is the subject material? Can you photograph one or two of the more interesting and post them here?

What area in China are you familiar with? What is your age and education? How much do you know about aviation in China? Do you have a background in aeronautics, paper and model airplanes, history, etc.

What would you like to know and in what direction would you like to expand your education? If you could build anything you wanted, what would it be?

You will find a wide range of people here on HBA and a very diverse knowledge set.

Once again, welcome. You appear to have a very nice shop. Will you be working alone or do you have help? What is the experience and education of your friends and helpers?
I live in China nanjing, I used to play more is fixed wing FPV, made a lot of ft kt board the plane, I was the first time contact to manned aircraft, oneself a person, no others help, nor understand the people around you, now also in building workshop, buy material, the early stage of the more difficult is the choose and buy of material, air layer board, I also bought the T88 glue from Amazon, which is not available in our country. Now there is a Chinese drawing of 594mm✖420mm, which is about the Minimax 1100 model aircraft, not 1100R. All the dimensions in the drawing are British units, but it doesn't matter. I have bought some English tape measures and rulers, and made a 4.8-meter-long workbench by myself, which still needs to be adjusted and leveled, so I don't know much about aviation.

Attachments