• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello! Could someone help me clear up minute some details..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chlomo

Hi everyone! I'm very eager and looking forward to joining homebuilt aviation crowd!:grin:
However before I can commence modeling in Solidworks there are some things I'm compelled to ask you.

1. What brand/name of solid rivets are RV airplanes primarily built with?
And as for the RV-12 I've read Vans turned to blind rivet construction.. what specific rivet are we talking about?

2. Would water getting into the small holes of blind rivets be an issue?

3. Sooo... I've chosen push/pull rod controls over cables. Where can I source those tubes and tie-rods?

4. Do you know any alternatives to those Spruce landing wheels? At some $800 per tire they sure are horrrrrendously overpriced..!

5. Anyone with hand on experience with DIY avionics? I'm looking into possibilities of using Raspberry pi or similar cheep controllers.

There! Just my humble thoughts and questions.
Thanks in advance for your replys!:ban:

Back