• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello All!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawaiianreef

Hello everyone. I'm David Miller and am planning a build for 2021.
I'm from Hawaii (Oahu) and moved to Utah a few years back. Planning another move, most likely to Wisconsin, in the summer. So I'm looking for something to start around 2021ish.
I'm a woodworker, and would like to follow that path. I am more excited about building than flying so a scratch build from plans isn't out of the question. This will be my first plane, and I'm leaning towards the Pietenpol Air Camper. I would rather go with a closed cockpit, but the reputation of the Piet, and the large communal support makes it a hard one to turn away from. But in no means is a no brainers either.
That being said, I'd really appreciate any advice at this time about the Piet and especially other candidates that might change my choice.
Thanks in advance,
David Miller

Back