Hello all from AZ

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

st15jap

Hello everyone!

I have been looking to get into the ultralight community for some time. I have been flying R/C for 10 years to stay within my means.
Now I am ready to get into ultralights, I have done some pretty extensive research and found the skypup. I have been looking everywhere for the plans online. I found this site Home Sky Pup however it seems to be broken. I have also found a few other websites and they are all out of business. If anyone knows where I can acquire a set either someone willing to sell them, or a website that is selling them. It would be much appreciated

FritzW

Log Member
The page seems to be working for me, I founds this:

"The Sky Pup plans are still a commercial product being sold by the designers son--Lafe Wood– so it would be wrong to publish them. We submit here the first page so you can judge the excellent quality of the plans. They are clear, thorough and relatively easy to decipher. If you have build ANYTHING from plans, you should have no trouble.

You may pay using PayPal (www.paypal.com), a check (U.S. only), or an international money order. PayPal payments should go to: [email protected]. Checks and money orders should go to:

SKY PUP 6790 Reeder Mesa Road Whitewater, CO 81527 Plans are $70 within the USA and $75 for foreign orders (shipping included)."

There's also a pretty active Sky Pup group on yahoo: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Skypup-club/conversations/messages

HTH
Welcome to the HBA!

Fritz (big fan of the Sky Pup also)

st15jap

Thanks for the reply Fritz. I saw that page as well. I am just concerned they are not in business anymore. The website looks a little out dated. And when i tried to use the contact form it gave me an error. Maybe i will mail a letter asking if they are in business, or send a email the address for papal. And thanks for the yahoo group link. I found another group but it was spammed out.

And glad to be here I was looking around a bit for a group to join and think I found a good one. My main attraction to the sky pup is it was designed by a real engineer. The price point helps too.

FritzW

Log Member
I heard the designer was an engineer at Cessna.

...the plans will show up eventually ;)

bmcj

HBA Supporter

don january

Log Member
Speaking from a strictly uninformed perspective, I don't know much about the Skypup but I have to wonder if the structure and performance might be adequate or just marginal.

There are a couple of other options out there that you might consider:

Minimax offers free plans and has an ultralight version - Mini-Max Free Plans Downloads - Team Mini-Max, the world's best ultralight and light plane kits and plans.
View attachment 39989 Every time I see that pull rope handle out the side of the MiniMax I hear my wife yelling at me to get the yard mowed.:) dont get me wrong I like the Max but the handle just kills me (lol)

Mike Sandlin offers free (I think) downloads of plans for the Bloop 2 - bloop
View attachment 39988
looks like he's in the wind