• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Heath Super Parasol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rollin Bonz

Hello All!

I stumbled upon this board as I was attemting (with little success) to gather info that could be beneficial to a friend. This friend has an aircraft that has been in storage that he has decided to attempt to sell. The information he has on the aircraft is word of mouth from parties with (to my knowledge) no training or wealth of knowledge on the subject. Neither he nor I have ANY experience in the area either, so I thought it may prove beneficial to us, and entertaining or interesting to the forum to post it here, and the users of the forum to comment to the subject. I have read and reviewed the Heath story and find it quite remarkable. Trying to confim the plane's make and find a market or a value has proven more difficult.

The info he was told points to the following.

Its a 1928 Heath Super Parasol.
There is no log book or paperwork with the aircraft.
It was owned by his late brother (whom he remembers flying it).
The engine is not the original, but instead a converted VW engine.

plane 006.jpgplane 001.jpgplane 002.jpgplane 003.jpgplane 004.jpg

Specific topics that are of interest are...

Is it a 1928 Heath Super Parasol?
Is there a market at all for this aircraft?
If so, where would be the best place to seek a buyer?

Thanks so much for ANY info anyone can share. I hope this post proves interesting to the members of the forum. Thanks again.

Michael

Back