• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Heath Parasol on floats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fullmetalwelder

Hi! While I was doing some researches about the heath parasol I found out a race(?) one that was provided with floats
1660150288674.png
It looks like a regular parasol with very boxy looking floats, I've done some researches and found out that the one in this photo had a "standard" heath-henderson engine with 27hp,
It's really possible to take off with this little horsepowers? I know that overral the parasol is kinda light but I think that 27hp aren't enough to take off from water since the friction between the surface of the floats and the water is very high, am I right?
1660150717141.png
This is the page of the article that talks about the parasol, I'm kinda new to aviation and I'm trying to learn as much as possible about seaplanes, so I may be wrong and the hp are more than enough...

Back