• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Heater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBird

Cold snap here in Missouri and I am working on the Streak Shadow. Power will be a 582 Rotax. Since this is a liquid cooled engine I thought I would install a heater core in the extreme nose of the airplane and use incoming air to warm the cockpit. I would need a way to control not only incoming air, but flow control of coolant to the heater core. I know this has been done as there is a kit for the Challenger aircraft to do this very thing. The problem with using the Challenger setup is the unit is too large to fit in my airplane. I see no need for a blower fan either as there will be 100 mph air just outside the fiberglass skin of my airplane I plan to use. Now to the question: Does anyone know of a small round heater core that I could buy? I would need a small, lightweight flow control valve manually operated for the coolant too.

Thanks
Kevin in MO

Back