• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Heat Shrink Tubing Wire Marker and Schematic Software

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBuilt101

This question does not really fit in the Electrical section so I will post it here...sorry!!!

I need to go through an airplane and trace down a bunch of wires. I have seen some hand held printers online that are sort of like Label Makers of sorts however instead of printing on a flat label with removable backing it prints on heat shrink tube and then this tube can be slipped over wires and shrunk down and used for future identification.

This sounds like a great produce...IF...it actually works...and IF the printing stays on the wire.

Has anyone used a product like this???

If so, what is a good brand and model?

Can these printers print on thin gage wire (hook up wire) as well as thick gage wire (battery cable) by simply swapping out the tube cartridge?

Does the printing on the tube was off with oil/fuel?

I need to not only trace down each wire to where it goes from and to...I also need to produce a wire schematic so that in the future I can trouble shoot easier...

Has anyone used this kind of software???

Does anyone have a recommendation for an easy to learn and use, PC based schematic software where I can click on (as an example) a "electrical component with four connectors" and label it something like "fan relay" and then pick out a and a SPST Switch and tell the software that "red 24 gage wire from #4 connector on the component called fan rely will be run to fan switch" and then the software produces a schematic that is easy to follow?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!! THANKS in advance!!!

Back