Head wing cantilever.

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

stanislavz

HBA Supporter
advantage at all to orienting the skin plies like this X29?
Could you draw it better ? I will reopen my composide account and will run some numbers.

Also - i would like to try tri surface in open vsp. Like cessna with wren mod. Any suggestion on overall geometry ? For starter i will use 10% 85% and 15% of surfaces. All this will put spar of main wing in same place as my original design with rearward spar.

stanislavz

HBA Supporter
One more - looks like wren conversion, have canard with span of 80" max - close to propeller diameter and kind of small chord. 1/3-1/5 of spanthat maximum. So it is more like 5-7% of total wing area, or 2/3 of it if central section is not accounted for.

Avanti with pusher configuration have more canard..

stanislavz

HBA Supporter
And continuing this monologue.. In metric 1m chord. CP at 25% , cg at 0%. With 3m of tail cp distance, we could level it 1/12 of mtow downforce by tail. In a range of 40 kg in our ul category of parasite downforce. With normal cg it would add 20kg max..

So if canard would move that virtual CP of both wing to similar region it would shed only that 20kg from parasite lift, and will not make wing smaller - we have to ensure stall canard first.

No freebie here, just extra surface to make more vortex drag.

stanislavz

HBA Supporter
And another think different approach. Gazzaile / mcr 01both in ulm category have wing with ~8m2 area with bigger (35% of chord, and 3/4 of span) slotted flaps, and are able to provide less than 65 kmh landing speed. Airfoil for gasaille is an ga 37316 as i was able to find..

Soo.. will this kind of wing will work similar in high wing configuration ?

And, yes i was able to find fully composite build gasaille too.

Attachments

stanislavz

HBA Supporter
Some more informationon gasaille from designer itself. There are more than one set of molds circulating in France, composite version is not yet documented or official. From received photos - at least three different aproach on wing building. That minimum skin is a minimum skin of 200gsm cf / soric infusion mat / 200 gsm cf...

And that mat is heavy.

Will open another thread and post more photos, if allowed by designer.

And absolutelly love diesel solution with mechanical pump and non flamable fuel. And that 32 litres of fuel will give you a lot of distance at 7l/h consumption and 200 kmh speed.