• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

He-X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rom

He-X stands for Henkel Experimental. I may change the name at some future time to maybe something like Flugmaschine, Tadpole or some other moniker. The original goal was to design a composite LSA. Commercially built LSA of a similar type would be in the range of $100k+. I figured one could be built with a considerably smaller investment. Build time was also an important criteria. The final aircraft may not be LSA qualified; to heavy or fast. My future wants and needs or may negate the LSA limitations.

Since I believe it is in the best interest of this project to have input from fellow builders, this thread under Member Project Logs will mainly be used as an index to other threads created for the build.

General Characteristics
Seating: 2, Side by Side
Fuselage Width: 46"
Length: 21 ft
Wingspan: 32 ft
Wing Area: 128 ft²
Wing Taper: none
Washout: none
Dihedral: 5˚
AR: 8
Airfoil: GA35315
Aileron Area: 11 ft²
Flap Area: 16 ft², Fowler Type
Flap Chord: 29%
Vv: 0.04
Vh: 0.73
Horizontal Tail Area: 26.7 ft²
Horizontal Tail Arm:14 ft
Vertical Tail Arm: 13 ft
HP Range: 80-120
Gross Weight: 1320-1450 lbs
Empty Weight: 780-850 lbs

HE-X_Front_View.jpg

Fuselage:
https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/composites/4128-strip-method-other.html

Last edited:
Back