HCI Radial Plans?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

millerdvr

I have been trying to join the Yahoo group for quite some time now(months) with no luck. My good friend(machinist) and I(fabricator/machinist) think this engine would be a fantastic project but I have had no luck tracking down a set of plans. Anyone know where I could obtain a set?

Thanks,
Chris

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
It's my understanding that HCI never really made it to the practical-proposition-for-flight stage and their site has been without updates for several years.

johnnyd

Sometimes it takes a while to get accepted to the Yahoo group. It isn't real active, & the moderator may have other priorities.
However.....I can help you out.
Plans are available. The 5cyl. R-180 engine (75hp) plans are$130.00 +$5.00 s+h.
The 7cyl. R-220 engine (123hp, 160lbs.) plans are $185.00 + $5.00 s+h.

Send payment (in US funds) to..... Jack Herford
3461 Dissen Rd.
New Haven Mo. 63068
If you need further help, contact me offline.
(There are no longer any parts or castings available.)

Kristoffon

I have been trying to join the Yahoo group for quite some time now(months) with no luck. My good friend(machinist) and I(fabricator/machinist) think this engine would be a fantastic project but I have had no luck tracking down a set of plans. Anyone know where I could obtain a set?

Thanks,
Chris
I believe they only let in people who have plans. I tried joining a couple times to no answer, but once I obtained plans and applied was accepted within a couple days.

It's been about a year since I got my set but in case you're still looking I'd advise to email the designers and they'll probably still have them.

johnnyd

I think that the problem of "joining the group" lies partly with the way Yahoo has things set up.
I discovered that your "application" for group membership would expire after about a week or so.
Which means that if the site owner/moderator dosen't check it frequently enough, your application would go unanswered.

When I first applied, I had to re-apply several times.

Be patient, but be persistant.

road73

Are these plans still available from this address? Thanks.

Sometimes it takes a while to get accepted to the Yahoo group. It isn't real active, & the moderator may have other priorities.
However.....I can help you out.
Plans are available. The 5cyl. R-180 engine (75hp) plans are$130.00 +$5.00 s+h.
The 7cyl. R-220 engine (123hp, 160lbs.) plans are $185.00 + $5.00 s+h.

Send payment (in US funds) to..... Jack Herford
3461 Dissen Rd.
New Haven Mo. 63068
If you need further help, contact me offline.
(There are no longer any parts or castings available.)