HBA would be a better place if...

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Sometimes, depending on your browsing pattern, a thread with a new unread post will end up in the second section titled The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts. It is a good idea to scroll down and check out this section too since these also contain unread posts. It's the forum's way to say, "Hey, I think I told you about these earlier, but just in case you didn't notice, these are older threads that contain new posts you have not seen."
Agreed with BMCJ. Also, to keep that "lower" list manageable, once I've gone through all the threads I know I really want to read, I'll click on the "Forum Actions" menu at the top of the page and click, "Mark Forums Read". That marks everything read. More than a page or two of "These threads have not been updated..." and I know I'll never scroll down and look at them.

M

Manticore

There were more hours in the day so I didn't have to speed read everything.

bmcj

Just went in and updated my personal info.........:)
Very impressive and believable! :gig:

About ekimneirbo
After returning to civilian life after duty aboard a both nuclear submarine and a conventional one , I spent a few years orbiting the earth...not sure of the actual flight path as the drugs available back then weren't as refined as today. I got my life back together and joined the CIA where I studied 107 languages and became a covert spy. I infiltrated the Russian Cosmonaut program and became one of their space station astronauts. I worked closely with Johnny Kennedy in those days and upon retirement from the CIA, I took a scientific position with NASA where I was the lead scientist on the development of the Space Shuttle and the Hubble Telescope.

My main hobby is dabbling in String Theory. I make my living these days by doing "The Worlds Most Interesting Man" commercials...but have lately become bored with them as all the women I'm involved with are too shallow for my tastes. For my next bucket list item I'm planning to fly around the world non-stop in an ultralite...upside down. It will be a special design of my own making and will use a small motor from a R/C airplane adapted to a titanium reduction drive. This should give me both light weight and good gas mileage. Also I forgot to mention that I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvord with doctorate degrees in Spacial Engineering, Chemtronics, Lingguistics, and the Martial Arts. I once smacked Muhammed Ali in the mouth for being a draft dodger and consider "Smokin" Joe Frazier the real champion. I'm basically a warm cuddly person who has several cats and a dog for pets. My two cheetahs are affectionately called "Mork and Mindy" and my lovable Pit Bull goes by the name "Rip" after the movie actor "Rip Torn". Hopefully my training,advanced education,and life experience is sufficient to qualify me to post on the HBA site .

ekimneirbo

Banned
... most of you guys weren't on the other side of the world and we could get a regular beer, instead of communicating by text.

Yep, that would be great...and think how much smarter we would all get!

Here's why......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMV_fJDruog

Ooops, my apologies for hi-jacking........back to the original topic "how to make HBA better" but ya gotta admit drinking a beer with some friends wouldn't be a bad improvement.

M

Manticore

... most of you guys weren't on the other side of the world and we could get a regular beer, instead of communicating by text.

It's only a small world & we're all in the same place - directly above the centre of it.

ekimneirbo

Banned
Ya, but I don't believe the part about having two Cheetahs, though.:dis:
Ya, but I don't believe the part about having two Cheetahs, though.
I don't blame your skepticism, but honestly I've had the cheetahs
since they were cubs. Heres a picture of my close friend Minnie with Mork and Mindy on the back forty of my African plantation. Thats me in the background. Also here
is a video of another friend, Natasha frolicking with Mork and Mindy and a few of their friends at a party for Mork. Mork was being presented the international PETA Hero
award for meritorius service for his actions in hunting down and subdueing several rhinoceros poachers. Mindy also received an award for her actions in wearing a fake
rhinoceros costume to lure the poachers in where Mork could subdue them. Just out of view in the picture is the grass strip where I keep my Lancair with the Bush Wheels
on it and my stroker 608 cu in turbocharged Lycoming SuperCub. This is all true....I swear! :roll:

leopards 1.jpg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Q6OiII8sY

proppastie

Log Member
The vast majority of engineering failures are the results of failure of imagination rather than failure of calculation.

My experience is ....because of bad management, or in other-words....Upper management are poor engineers.

Sorry to hijack, but it struck a cord.

Ban the cute little sayings at the bottom of the post.