HBA would be a better place if...

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Tiger Tim

...Matt (cluttonfred) could draw like Douglas Rolfe. Could you imagine what the world would be like if his many fanciful concepts were brought into beautiful hand drawn fantasy-inducing renders?

I think we should start a Kickstarter to send him to art school.

berridos

Somebody would make a presentation showing a case study of a composite wing skin.
Starting from a excel sheet on wing shear calculations, to all those fancy transformation, compliance matrix stuff, buckling checks , failure criteria and ending with a tailored sandwich layup.

bmcj

The "reply" pane were larger.

I could paste photos into the "reply" pane.

Everyone shared some honest information in the "about me" area.

BJC
Point 1 - You can stretch the reply window... Grab it by the (sort of) arrow in the bottom right corner and drag it downward (works with a mouse but not on an iPhone).

Point 2 - I agree.

Point 3 - Especially spammers!

BJC

u
Point 1 - You can stretch the reply window... Grab it by the (sort of) arrow in the bottom right corner and drag it downward (works with a mouse but not on an iPhone).

Point 2 - I agree.

Point 3 - Especially spammers!

I most frequently access this site from my iPad, so, like an iPhone, the reply pane will not enlarge. One work-around is to Go Advanced, where the pane is larger.

I agree with VB, this is a really neat site, and I enjoy my visits here.

BJC

rtfm

If there were a culture of anti-hijacking of threads. Off topic posts. Thread drift. It seems no one cares about staying in topic. And if they DO care, they don't make their annoyance known.

Battson

We could keep discussions among the dreamers very clearly separated from technical questions from the homebuilders ...

For example, it's hard to take fuel system design advice from one user seriously, when the user's next post is something about a redesign from the drawing board with a composite structure with integral fuel lines, plus twin electric engines... plus making it roadable......

DaveD

If you are signed in, threads which you were the original author of do not show up on the 'New Posts' page for some reason, even if someone has replied to them. Or is it only me this happens to?

bmcj

If you are signed in, threads which you were the original author of do not show up on the 'New Posts' page for some reason, even if someone has replied to them. Or is it only me this happens to?
Sometimes, depending on your browsing pattern, a thread with a new unread post will end up in the second section titled The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts. It is a good idea to scroll down and check out this section too since these also contain unread posts. It's the forum's way to say, "Hey, I think I told you about these earlier, but just in case you didn't notice, these are older threads that contain new posts you have not seen."