Quantcast

HBA Forum Stickers in the works!

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
I also like the blue one and wonder why the wrench handle is backwards unless you're planning to change the forum logo, too. ;-p

akwrencher

HBA Supporter
Not being critical, just commenting.
The logo at the top of the page isn't all caps, and the wrench is much more realistic looking. Those are the only differences I see. Having said that, I think it's great to have stickers, and I'll use them either way 😊

Victor Bravo

View attachment 99524

Can you let me know if you think these are better than the ones above? It looks more like the logo on the forum.

Thanks, Angie

IMHO these are very slightly better, but still not nearly ideal. My suggestion is to start with the existing logo that is on the website, just crop it to fit into the shape of the sticker. DO NOT change the aspect ratio (stretch/shrink/squeeze), and DO NOT change the colors. There is no reason for the .com to be in lighter or thinner text. There is no reason for the wrench to be rotated differently than it appears in the forum logo. If anything, increase the sizeof the text "Airplanes.com" slightly larger to fill up the empty space to the right side of the wrench. That's it. HBA already has a loyal worldwide following, and everyone has accepted and identifies with the logo as it is. There is no value to screwing around with that.

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
How is the handle wrong? Other than being to the side and not down?
Oh come on, can't you see? On the original it is tightening the nut. On the proposed sticker it is loosening the nut.
This is home-built-airplanes not home-taken apart- airplanes...

There was a big smiley on that one too.... Sheesh! :)

Generally agree with VB. The logo is the brand. No need to change it. The graphics are better and more realistic on the original version.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
In other words, flip the wrench so that it's tightening the nut (like the forum logo online) in the blue and black samples in post no. 18 and it's all good.

Victor Bravo

This is a super-rough rough version of what I propose, courtesy of good old MS Paint.

The "Airplanes.com" was made a little larger, and some of the excess blue background cropped out. All colors and fonts remain unchanged from website logo. Maybe the general membership can vote for whether this is close to what people want, or maybe the general membership can weigh in and vote for something different.

HBA Logo Bill 7-27-2020.jpg

Jay Kempf

Lifetime Supporter
This is a super-rough rough version of what I propose, courtesy of good old MS Paint.

The "Airplanes.com" was made a little larger, and some of the excess blue background cropped out. All colors and fonts remain unchanged from website logo. Maybe the general membership can vote for whether this is close to what people want, or maybe the general membership can weigh in and vote for something different.

View attachment 99660
I want that one! pixelation and all... Love it. It's what we have come to expect. It's tradition. And the nut is being tightened... :)

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
My vote goes for the samples in Angie's post no. 18 but with the wrench flipped as per VB's mock up. I don't mind the HOMEBUILT in all caps. If it bothers folks, then change the forum logo to match. ;-p

Victor Bravo

NO, the pixelation is not a good feature. It's a sloppy a result of my Cut-Paste from this very webpage, into MS Paint Prehistoric Version, and then my ham-fisted resampling it to a larger size so I could work on it a little. It was meant to show the proportions that I was suggesting, and show the elimination of a small amount of wasted space. Nothing more than that. A real, genuine, proper computer graphic person (or someone competent with graphhics, not IN-competent like me) should do the actual graphics work.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 99660
I've sent off to get a good version of this from the art person.

Victor Bravo

While you're at it, may I suggest T-shirts or polo shirts be looked into? Many of us would wear it with pride, and serve as an ad hoc marketing department.

If a member could buy a polo shirt with the printed HBA logo, then take it and have it embroidered somewhere in their home town with their screen name, it would be pretty cool.

(I can just imagine landing at an airport somewhere in Whack-Back-istan, and having someone walk up and say "Oh crap... you're Victor Bravo... I was expecting horns and a tail! Uhhh... can you get me an autograph from Pops or Rockiedog?")

Jay Kempf

Lifetime Supporter
VB it's gonna all be your fault now! hahahahahahahahah re post #34...

T shirt please as well or a polo or a hoodie. I'll take one of each if you do them.

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I want one on each rear window of the JMR and also a polo.

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
Baseball cap with logo might be nice with subscription. I have two from FLYING subscription. Will probably drop Flying next year. Not worth it just for Garrison articles.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Angie, for those last suggestions it would be good to prepare a simple black and white silhouette image without shading for things like embroidering shirts or hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.