Quantcast

HBA First Annual Home Built Aircraft Meet

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Not to keep kicking a dead subject buuuuuut.........

A long time ago,I made a recommendation to the Powers That Be on this Forum to categorize all of the members by state & by project/aircraft.
If that had been done....then finding members local to each other would be very easy at this time.
It would be nice to look on the forum and be able to tell who is close by or where in the world a forum member is working on the same project as yourself.
As it stands....the vast majority of the forum members are geographically lost to me because they haven't posted the info on their account.

It's very easy to start small gatherings that eventually grow into large gatherings when you can locate & communicate with each other.
Just saying.......

Kevin

BJC

HBA Supporter
A long time ago,I made a recommendation to the Powers That Be on this Forum to categorize all of the members by state & by project/aircraft.
That shouldn’t be necessary, but
As it stands....the vast majority of the forum members are geographically lost to me because they haven't posted the info on their account.
Yup, I wish that everyone would provide the info requested in the account details.

BJC

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Yup, I wish that everyone would provide the info requested in the account details.
It's not just that issue.....

As it stands on the Forum....to find someone local to yourself...you would have to start clicking through the members section in hopes of eventually running across someone near.
Why not just create a section that would allow members to click on a state or project/aircraft and have the information posted right there ?
Hell,we have a "section/topic" for everything else.......so why not location & project/aircraft ?

Kevin

Last edited:

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Virtual meeting, sorry, I'm not good at pretend.
Western KY and Tenn would be nice.

Everyone would know me, just the old fat Fa*t.

Rockiedog2

HBA Supporter
Yeh Tullahoma is good. Stopped in there in this 701 on the way to the Hudson River in 17.

Rockiedog2

HBA Supporter
Not sure. Things are moving fast Pops. But yeah I think 17.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Many places in Alaska would be a hoot not likely to pull much attendance, to bad.

Draw an X from Washington state to Florida and Maine to California and somewhere near the middle?

Oklahoma city may be close?
Dallas might be better. It is close to OKC, and there’s lots to do in Dallas, including the museum with the V-173.

OKC is OK I guess (see what I did there), but as long you don’t mind being in the FAA’s back yard. Don’t want to be there when the rookie agents are practicing ramp checks...

Last edited:

proppastie

Log Member
it is going to be a little/lots of work for someone .....permissions, coordination, food, camping, hotels, transportation, and lots of stuff.......did I mention liability insurance? oh well,.....anyway that guy whoever he is should pick the the time and place,.....after all he is doing the work

I ran a volunteer organization at one time......I found everybody wanted to tell you what to do but no one or very few wanted to work.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
One location does make it easier to plan logistics for an - organized - gathering. But that comes with constraints that may limit participation from those that choose for whatever reason that the travel distance is just too great. If this is to be a semi-replacement for Osh with formal forums and commercial attendance/booths then one location becomes more of a requirement. But if you are looking for guys like me that will show up with a sleeping bag and a couple of AV-36 plans sets rolled inside........and maybe a few old computers and folding tables/chairs in the trunk for basic SolidWorks classes then they need to be less than halfway across the country and as devoid of bureaucratic oversight from the organizers as possible.

I'd suggest the gathering rotate among 3 to 5 standard locations and maybe even break it up into 2 smaller gatherings per year.

it is going to be a little/lots of work for someone .....permissions, coordination, food, camping, hotels, transportation, and lots of stuff.......did I mention liability insurance?
Far more organized than I'm visualizing. A BLM permit, some portable toilets paid for by donations and just let the rest fall into place.