HBA Bookstore ?

Discussion in 'General Experimental Aviation Questions' started by Bob Kelly, Jul 11, 2005.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jul 11, 2005 #1

Bob Kelly

Bob Kelly

Bob Kelly

Hay Jake !
    whats the latest on the HBA Bookstore ?
    have you given up on the idea or need a "Round-toit " I have a few Round-toits
    here but can't seam to find'em ! so I can't get a round-to-it ! hehehehe

Just courious is all !
    no biggie !

C ya !

Bob......

2. Jul 11, 2005 #2

Jman

Jman

Jman

Site Developer

hehehe. Still working on it, albeit slowly. I've got the license, I've got most of the suppliers lined up, and I've got a decent list of titles to start with. What I need now is a decent shopping cart program that I can modify to look like HBA. I had a Shopping cart set up for a bit but I did not like it due to its very limited shipping configurations. Of course the good ones are not free like the one I was using :D.

The other snag is credit card processing. Not as easy to find a good deal as I thought. Either they get you with the high percentage per transaction, or they get you with a high monthly fee. I did recently find a promising company that I am looking into.

Anyway, enough excuses! You'll see it soon.

Jake

3. Jul 11, 2005 #3

CNCRouterman

CNCRouterman

CNCRouterman

Merchant accounts

Jake,

Be sure to read the entire boring, obnoxious agreement carefully. Some of the things that have kept me from adding EFT capabilities have to do with liability issues, funds availability, and charge back policies. You would think from all the propaganda put out by the credit card industry that they take full responsibility for fraud, returns, insurance, product lost in transit etc, when in reality, it is the small business person like you and me. Credit card (slash those who set you up to take cards) companies are a greater threat to small companies than you would beleive. Just be sure to know your obligations and be comfortable with them before signing. I hate to say it, but an attorneys time to review the contract would be money well spent.

Eric

4. Jul 11, 2005 #4

Jman

Jman

Jman

Site Developer

Thanks Eric, I'll definitely take a close look at the fine print.

5. Jul 12, 2005 #5

Bob Kelly

Bob Kelly

Bob Kelly

I second that one Jake !
    its hard to find one that doesn't make you Liable for returns or fraduglant charges but they can be found ! ...
    ... I can't remember who we're useing now
    but in the 4 or so years we've been having them collect for us i've only been chaged back once .... so thats not bad ... but not that many charges actually
    I'll ask my son who it is , I know he knows.... OH ! its RegNet thats who it is ! .... just took a few minuts to shake the dust off the brain cells ! hehehehe

No doubt that type of company changes their policies daily so go with caution
    RegNet registers our software for us and collects the fees , though its long sense peetered out ! hehehehehe
    but we have more software in the works so hopefully it will get better 1

good luck !

Bob....