• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

HBA 2.0 Coming Soon!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Site Developer
I'm pleased to announce that the latest and greatest version of Homebuiltairplanes.com is currently in the testing phase. It's been a long time coming but I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope to have it fully operational in the next two to three weeks, maybe sooner. The only real snag I am dealing with is the photo section. I'm unhappy with the format of the current system (IE broken) and I am looking at options to make it better.

I'm excited about this upgrade, not only because it will make what we have now better, it's going to make it easier to add different kinds of content in the future.

A few days before the release I will give you an update on the new features you can expect to see and a date and time the site will be down for the upgrade.

Thanks for your support.

Jake

Feel free to make any pre-release comments or suggestions here.

WISH LIST
1. Create a calendar that is customized and centered on Aviation / Homebuilt Events with the ability of the users to add content.
2. Bring back a better user-added links and files page
3. Fix the Photo area and bring it back online. (PRIORITY)
4. Create a Project Blog area that is seamless with the forums and managed / customizable by the user.
5. Replace the for sale / wanted forum with a true classifieds area.

TO-DO / BUGS TO FIX
1. Add "New Posts" link at bottom of threads.
2. Make font for the entire site customizable by users.
3. Restructure the forums area.
4. Fix the icons that do not match background color and have white haze around them.
5. Fix very embarrassing spelling errors on front page that have probably been there since 2002. *DONE*
6. Make wrench image a link back to main index. *DONE*

Back