• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

has anyone used the Artex 406test site?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13brv3

Supporting Member
Greetings,

I have an Artex ETL, and had my antenna in a (far) less than ideal spot. The plan was to sign up for their 406test site to verify that the self test was reaching the satellite. After no joy on a few tests, and no answer from Artex, I moved the antenna to the turtledeck. Next test, still no report from the system, and still no answer from Artex. Eventually, I I think I got everything entered correctly on their site, and I finally got a report back from my self test.

The question is whether you expect to see your actual position reported? There's no place for a position in the report, but they do have a map on the site, which shows nothing. I got a text right after the test with a Google Map link, but the lat lon was all zeros. The self test passed, which won't be the case if there's no position data. I've even inadvertently tested that... Just curious if anyone has used this, and seen a position reported?

Thanks,
Rusty (waiting for the FAA to approve the DAR)

Back