• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hartzell F-4 Propeller Governor Oil Leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBuilt101

I have a Hartzell F-4 11A Propeller Governor and it is weeping oil from the second gasket...not the gasket that is between the crankcase and the governor assembly but it appears to be the next gasket outboard...it kinda looks like an adapter of sorts. The body of the goveneror has stamped "F-4-11A B1927" and this adapter has stamped "B1927" so I need the gasket that is between the two B1927s.

Have anyone opened up one of these governors and is there any tricks or gotchas?

Is there a shaft seal inside that might be the culprit?

Is there an exploded view part catalog or service manual available for this device?

I have not removed it yet...kinda scared without some guidance from the Homebuiilt team

THANKS!!!

Back