• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Harris 1 Geodetic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vortilon

Many moons ago a fella at our airport showed up with a really cute little yellow biplane called the Harris 1. I had a chance to buy it for 5k but did not. One of my mechanics bought it and promptly ground looped it after that I lost track of it because he gave the airframe away and kept the engine C85 for project he is building. Low and behold a gentleman called me and asked if I was interested in it and I bought it today. You would never know it was ground looped by looking at it on the outside. The ground loop has damaged two of the laminated frames where the gear and wings attach, Oh this aircraft is all wood. By coincedence my customer that owns the Vega that I am restoring owns a Harris 5, a very nice little high wing with a O290 which I have flown and was very impressed with. I cannot find any info on this Harris 1 or 5 or pictures on the web. When I start the repairs I will post some. I will be in need of a small Continental engine for it so if anyone knows of a good deal please let me know. If anyone knows Mr. Harris please tell him we have two of his jewels and would love to talk.

Rick

Back