• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Half VW Static Thrust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipperdu

Hi guys,
I have a Loehle Sport Parasol that I've flown on the Rotax 447, I am not really happy with the 2stroke (I like engines that have oil pressure gauges! It gives me one more thing to look at during flight) anyway I was looking at the Hummel engine, I think it looks pretty good but I have some concerns about the power available with this engine. The airplane is pretty draggy and I fly in the desert where the density altitude can get 5-6thousand easly. Is there any " real world" experance out there with this engine and more importantly that smaller 54 in dia prop.
Thanks, Jon

Back