• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Gyrobee/Gyrocopter questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collegegyrobuilder

So I am extremely interested in building a gyrocopter! To my best understanding the gyrobee is my cheapest and easiest ultralight option. The biggest problem I am facing is that I want to build the cheapest but obviously still extremely reliable gyro. The biggest cost of the build is going to be the motor and I want to know the facts from some gyro experts out there. What is the slowest amount of speed needed for a gyro like the bee to take off and get some lift? What is the minimum rpm's or hp needed to make the gyro fly? I've seen the "official" plans for the gyro and they suggest a 40 hp engine but they also have the cruising speed at 60 mph. I don't need to go that fast I just want to go 30 mph or so if that will keep me in the air still. As you can see I am very inexperienced and have no clue of the physics and specs of gyrocopters.

Back