• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Greetings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CooterKen

Hello everyone from North Idaho where we have so many places to splash about in my Coot Amphibian. I took the short route and aquired a pre-built airplane sans engine that hadn't flown since its 50 hour fly-off many, many years prior. The restoration was much more involved than anticipated but lots of fun. The Coot is finished (at least as finished as homebuilts get) and flying with only tinkering and tuning remaining.

The original builder did it in only one year but it took me much longer to do the rehab. Re-ragging, tin bending, plastics, electrical system replacement, complete instrumentation upgrade, gear system rebuild, and the engine installation gave me a catch up course in homebuilding.

Nice effort on this site, Jake. I wish you success and look forward to a "climate of mutual respect" mentioned in your Forum Rules.

Kenny Danielson, Coeur d'Alene ID

Back