• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Greetings, new guy, with a question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J3storch

Orion, or others, perhaps you could help me.

I am building a 24 x 32 foot 2-story barn with a shop up the upstairs to use to complete work on my Slepcev Storch.

The bottom floor of the barn is designed with a 12 foot door in one of the sidewalls, so I can stick the tail of my completed plane through it. Then, I can add on a shed to that side big enough for the wings and the rest of the fuselage. Basically a t-hanger built onto/into a barn.

I want to use a hydro swing door, and I want a 38 by 9 foot opening for my door.

Anybody got any good advice about the best place to secure a header for a 38 foot span. There'll be about 1 foot of wall on either side of the door, so I can rig up some stout posts to set the header on.

Thanks,

J3storch

Back